Wednesday, February 2, 2011

support the cause!

Hey guys! It feels as though all my posts are starting to get later into the night, being as though it's the only time of day I have enough energy and time to devote to my blogging. Wednesdays are one of my busy days, as you can read in the post below! Just when I think the homework is final, they always seem to add more, but this weekend I will have some really exciting stuff for you to see, and so I hope you can check us out here this weekend!

Speaking of weekends, this past weekend was amazing in the fact that I went to two GREAT shows in both Charleston, SC and Charlotte, NC. They were both for one incredible cause, and I wanted to share the word with you. My amazing friend, and my high school Environmental Studies works for an organization called Restoring Eden (click the link!), and they do all sorts of amazing environmental work. They have paired up with ilovemountains.org to raise awareness about Mountain Top Removal, particularly in our beloved Appalachian Mountains. It is definitely something worth fighting for, and reading about. If you click on this link HERE you can sign the petition and join the cause on the right of their homepage. It's incredibly simple and it makes a big difference, so take a moment and do that please!

My wonderful boyfriend plays in a 3 piece indie rock band based here out of Charlotte, Older Brother, (they're amazing!) and they rocked out this weekend in two benefit shows for Ending Mountain Top Removal along with the talented Uncle Mountain of Asheville NC, Dewi Sant (from Minneapolis), and the incredible Wylie  from Charleston, South Carolina.

It was overall two great events, and the awareness it was able to spread for this cause makes it even better!

Older Brother at The Evening Muse in CLT
Photo Cred. Alex Albrecht


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...